Sign Up For Our Current Needs:
We have a few KEY positions we still need to fill before the beginning of the year. See the list below and contact Lisa Kanarish (email@example.com) with questions and get involved today!
- Room Parents ~ HIGH COMMITMENT LEVEL! Help your teacher and classroom parents this upcoming year by being a room parent! Work directly with your child’s teacher and VP of Communications to ensure all parents are notified of pertinent information effectively. Make sure all class events, art projects, yearbook photos, and parties are scheduled and have volunteers.
- VP Community Relations ~ HIGH COMMITMENT LEVEL! As a VP, you will be on the executive board – attending all executive meetings, hosting at least one APT meeting, and being present on campus throughout the year. VP of Community Relations oversees Angel Tree, Kids In Need (KIN), Sequoya Family Nights, New Family BBQ, Sequoya Movie Night and Thanksgiving Luncheon. If a Chair cannot complete an event, it is the duty of VP to step in and assist.
- Ultra Fun Run ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work with VP of Fundraising and Fun Run team to promote event details to the community. Support Ultra Fun Run team with scheduling their kcik off assembly, work with Ultra Fun Run team to collect and close out donations. 2/12-2/22/2018.
- Sequoya Movie Night ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Secure movie and vendor for movie screen, coordinate food for the night, promote event to the community and organize help from the Cocopah National Junior Honor Society to sell concessions. Organize volunteers for set up/clean up. 4/6/2018.
- Thanksgiving School Luncheon ~ LOW COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work with the Sequoya Cafeteria staff to decorate the cafeteria for the Thanksgiving Luncheon. Help recruit volunteers via sign-up genius for set up. 11/17/2017.
- Volunteer Coordinator ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work with all school volunteers throughout the year – AND committee chairs – to ensure that volunteers always have what they need to ensure a successful event. Promote thanking volunteers after every event. Ensure all committee chairs have enough volunteers before each school event. This is a great way to get to know our Sequoya community!
- Western Round Up/Fall Festival ~ HIGH COMMITMENT LEVEL! Utilize information provided from previous years to develop a plan for rides/jump houses, activities, food, music, concessions and set up/clean up. Work with teachers to organize classroom booths for event. Gather volunteers for set up/clean up, ticket sales, and help with booths. Preparation begins in September. 11/3/2017.
- Silent Auction Committee ~ LOW COMMITMENT LEVEL! Help acquire donations, create baskets for display and be a part of one of our major fundraisers of the year! This is another great job for parents that cannot be on campus but can approach local businesses and help package baskets outside school hours for the silent auction. Donation requests under way – Auction is 3/24/2018.