Sign Up For Our Current Needs:
We have a few KEY positions we still need to fill before the beginning of the year. See the list below and contact Lisa Kanarish (email@example.com) with questions and get involved today!
- Room Parents ~ HIGH COMMITMENT LEVEL! Help your teacher and classroom parents this upcoming year by being a room parent! Work directly with your child’s teacher and VP of Communications to ensure all parents are notified of pertinent information effectively. Make sure all class events, art projects, yearbook photos, and parties are scheduled and have volunteers.
- Silent Auction Committee ~ LOW COMMITMENT LEVEL! Help acquire donations, create baskets for display and be a part of one of our major fundraisers of the year! This is another great job for parents that cannot be on campus but can approach local businesses and help package baskets outside school hours for the silent auction.
- Hospitality ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Help organize and manage 4 themed teacher luncheons throughout the year, organize our Teacher Appreciation Week and provide refreshments for our APT meetings. Our parent community supports this position by providing all of the goodies and items for the teacher luncheons and teacher appreciation week.
- Ultra Fun Run ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work with VP of Fundraising and Fun Run team to promote event details to the community. Support Ultra Fun Run team with scheduling their kcik off assembly, work with Ultra Fun Run team to collect and close out donations. 2/12-2/22 2018.
- Art Walk ~ LOW COMMITMENT LEVEL! Help coordinate and manage one of our most popular events of the year in the Spring. This is always a well attended and supported event but we need a parent to help organize the event with the help of our VP of Arts!
- Sequoya Family Nights ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! This puts the FUN in FUNdraiser! Our very popular Sequoya Family Nights chair will set up and organize all Sequoya Nights at different restaurants and venues throughout our community. This includes communication to our community, tracking and picking up earned funds, and planning all venues and events throughout the school year.
- Fall Giving Campaign ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Our first official fundraiser of the school year, you will work with the VP of Fundraising to create a theme & plan to raise money for our annual donation drive. This includes communication to our community, tracking donations, and sending thank you letters with donation receipt. 8/16-10/6 2017.
- Sequoya Movie Night ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Secure movie and vendor for movie screen, coordinate food for the night, promote event to the community and organize help from the Cocopah National Junior Honor Society to sell concessions. Organize volunteers for set up/clean up. 4/6/2018.
- Thanksgiving School Luncheon ~ LOW COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work with the Sequoya Cafeteria staff to decorate the cafeteria for the Thanksgiving Luncheon. Help recruit volunteers via sign-up genius for set up. 11/17/2017.
- Volunteer Coordinator ~ MEDIUM COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work with all school volunteers throughout the year – AND committee chairs – to ensure that volunteers always have what they need to ensure a successful event. Promote thanking volunteers after every event. Ensure all committee chairs have enough volunteers before each school event. This is a great way to get to know our Sequoya community!
- Teacher Liaison ~ LOW COMMITMENT LEVEL! Work as an APT ambassador to ensure that ALL Sequoya faculty feels supported and heard by the APT. Report back to APT with any faculty concerns. Promote synergy throughout campus.
- Western Round Up/Fall Festival ~ HIGH COMMITMENT LEVEL! Utilize information provided from previous years to develop a plan for rides/jump houses, activities, food, music, concessions and set up/clean up. Work with teachers to organize classroom booths for event. Gather volunteers for set up/clean up, ticket sales, and help with booths. Preparation begins in September. 10/27/2017.