Also known as the PTA at other schools…
The Sequoya Elementary Association of Parents and Teachers (APT) is an Arizona non-profit corporation and is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes benefiting Sequoya Elementary. The purpose of this organization is to create a closer relationship between the home and the school so that parents and educators may cooperate intelligently in the training, enrichment and welfare of the children at Sequoya Elementary School, support a high educational standard for the school, and further a spirit of cooperation among teachers, parents, school district and residents of the community.
Who is the APT?
Every parent is a member of the Sequoya APT!
Current officers and volunteers
What do we do?
ENRICHING THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE AT SEQUOYA:
Art Masterpiece, Artist in Residence, Greasepaint Theater, Young Author’s Day, New and Used Book Fairs, Health Screening, Rosetta Stone and more.
SUPPORTING TEACHERS AND PARENTS:
Monthly meetings, guest speakers, coordinating room parents, encouraging & gathering input from parents in planning events, Teacher Appreciation Week, teacher luncheons and more.
ORGANIZING SOCIAL EVENTS TO BUILD OUR COMMUNITY:
Western Round Up, Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon, Movie Nights, Sequoya Glows, Art Walk and more.
FUNDING OVER $100,000 OF PROGRAMS AND SERVICES ANNUALLY:
K-5 reading programs, math and reading tutors, $250 expense fund for every teacher, the computer lab, noon aides, counseling services, Rosetta Stone, plus the many programs mentioned above and more.
Annual Fundraisers include:
- The Fall Giving Campaign—No bake sales or wrapping paper; just direct funding of programs
- Passive fundraising—Shop with our grocery & Internet program partners, Amazon and Fry’s, and help raise $ for our school!
- Classroom baskets—A much anticipated raffle at our Annual Thanksgiving luncheon
- Annual Spring Fundraising Event–This year will be an Ultra Fun Run!
- New and Used Book Fairs
- Our Parents Night Out and Silent Auction is always a fun evening event!