May 5-9 is Teacher Appreciation Week!
Share a thank you, memory, or fun fact about a teacher your child loves in our comments below.
If you want to go the Extra Mile…
- Thank a Million Teachers sponsored by Farmers Insurance. Please take one minute to thank our Sequoya teachers. Once thanked, each teacher can submit a short proposal (~250 words) to be eligible for a $2,500 grant for classroom supplies or a professional certification. Top proposals are voted on by the public with over a 100 grants awarded. Past grants have funded cooking supplies, a student newspaper, new desks and a white board. This program will run until October 2014. Visit https://www.thankamillionteachers.com/
- Let the SUSD know – Did you know that you could register an official compliment to SUSD for your child’s teacher or a special staff member? Just click here and then click “compliment” on the upper right.
- Fulton Homes – Nominate a teacher of the week
- AEF Teacher of the Year – Nominate a teacher of the year
- The KSLX Teacher of the Year – Nominate yours now
- Teacher/Counselor of the Year – Submit any individual who has made an exceptional efforts to assist disabled persons through counseling, rehabilitation, job training or other programs.